Detailed information can be found in this document (KM1025768).
Steps to recover from big qcp files:
- Backup your original qcp file to somewhere else.
- Change the extension of the project's backup file to zip extension (let's call this backup.zip).
- Extract backup.zip to backup folder.
- In the backup folder cut-paste the ProjRep (let's call this folder backup_rep) folder to somewhere else. ProjRep folder is a very huge file (in my case bigger than 6GB). There will be only xml files and TABLES folder in the backup folder (about 40MB - 50MB in my case).
- From the siteadmin panel create an empty dummy project. And export this project to dummy.qcp (To learn about export process you can check here).
- Change the extension of dummy.qcp to zip.
- Extract the dummy.zip to dummy folder.
- In the dummy folder you'll see ProjRep folder. Cut and paste this ProjRep folder into the backup folder.
- Zip the backup folder and then rename the backup.zip file to backup.qcp. Check the backup.qcp file size. It should be less than 2GB.
- From the siteadmin create a project from a qcp file. And use backup.qcp while import process. Do not forget to uncheck "Activate project when restore completed".
- When the project creation completed go to the project directory via remote desktop connection. You can see the project directory from the Siteadmin Panel - Site Projects.
- Replace the ProjRep folder with the folder backup_rep (the folder in the step 4).
- Activate the project from the siteadmin.